EARLY ACCESS TRAINING CENTER
#149 NASSAU STREET
ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD TECHNICIAN
The Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist 8-week / 190-hours certification program teaches you the skills needed to keep patient data and health records secure for doctor’s offices, hospitals, clinics, urgent care providers, and other healthcare facilities. This course can be combined with MAA You will experience new and exciting topics in your coursework including: Human Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Terminology, Electronic Health Records, and more giving you the skills needed to work in your choice of medical facilities.
You’ll learn all the skills needed for electronic health records specialists including the ability to audit a patient’s medical records, review compliance, and create reports based on clinical information. An electronic health records specialist must also be able to submit claims of reimbursement with basic coding, process requests filed for medical records (Release of Information), and review the accuracy and completion of patient’s medical records.
- SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2020 – CLOSED
- FEBRUARY 15TH, 2021
- SEPTEMBER 13TH, 2021
ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD TECH NEW
People with the CEHRS certification can perform the following tasks.
• Audit patient records for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Documenting examination information, scheduling treatments, and process laboratory tests
• Abstract clinical information for inclusion in reports such as quality improvement studies
• Perform basic coding to submit claims for reimbursement for insurers
• Process release of information (ROI) requests for medical records
• Review patient records to ensure they are complete, and collect patient demographic and insurance information